Questions about the Campground Commander Manage and Campground Commander Reserve apps.
No. Any number of computers can install our system and it can be access by your management team anyplace there is internet access.
No. There is no charge for updates. Customers will get new updates automatically whenever updates are created, so you’ll always have instant access to the most up-to-date software.
There are a number of important differences between Campground Commander and some of the other systems on the market today, some of which are listed here:
• Campground Commander is owned and managed by Karl and Mary Moeller, who provide the best customer service in the market today. When you call our offices you will speak to a live person, either Karl or Mary, so you are assured you are talking to the decision makers. They understand the importance of “real” customer service, you get a live person who cares everytime!
• We charge one low percentage fee that can be followed on hourly, daily or monthly through our management software.
• We do NOT charge your customers an additional fee to book through our reservation system!
• Our software keeps track of all of your reservations, past, present and future.
• It’s a reservation and campground management system that includes reservation tracking, campsite occupancy monitoring and reporting.
• Other registration systems on the market are often lead generator systems which only provide reservation inquiries and require campground management approval or disapproval.
• Campground Commander assures you a full campground by capturing those customers who want immediate reservations online while simultaneously allowing you to register campers in person at your campground.
• Other reservation apps actually take your customer away from your website so they can market directly to them through their own website. Campground Commander reservation system keeps your customer on your website and does not market to your customer in any way.
No, we have found although shifting of guests through the internet may work for larger campgrounds where most campsites are uniform in size, smaller campgrounds typically have different size campsites and campground owners/managers have a more intimate relationship with their customers. If campers are shifted without an explanation, campgrounds could end up with upset customers and bad reviews. In building online reservation tools for our customers, we take into consideration their comments and concerns on every tool we add.
No. Campground Commander is connected to your current website with a “Reserve Now” button that takes your customer directly to the Campground Commander Reserve app. Our system works best on Google Chrome.
Yes. Campground Commander Manage and Campground Commander Reserve are built to transcend all generations in ease of both learning and using. Our goal is to create a product that’s easy for those of us not raised on computers to quickly learn and understand while having the technology Millennials and Gen X’ers expect.
Our system updates in real time so double booking is unlikely to happen. As soon as a campsite has been reserved, the interactive map shows that spot unavailable in both the Manage and Reserve apps. There is no need to refresh pages.
Campers can register with office management through Campground Commander Manage and online through the Campground Commander Reserve. To assure sites get filled, it’s important for campers who prefer the convenience of reserving online to have that flexibility or they will seek a campground where they can. Our app also allows management to register campers in the office if they prefer. Either way the campground map is updated in both apps automatically as soon as the reservation is made.
Yes. Campground Commander Manage allows management to move customers to different campsites and the Google campground map updates automatically.
Campground Commander Manage allows management to make a campsite unavailable to customers with the click of a button.
No, each campground can choose which sites are placed onto our system. We recommend placing all of the campground sites onto our interactive map though, so your customers get a full view and feel of your campground. The campground manager can manage those campsites they don’t want to be reserved through our system so they aren’t available for rental.
Yes. An email is sent to both the customer and management with complete reservation information.
There are no set up fees or hidden costs. You simply pay 3% for any reservation that is placed on our system. We DO NOT take your customers away from your website onto our website and charge then an additional fee like most of our competitors. And unlike most of our competitors, we DO NOT charge you an additional fee per month for using our system, we DO NOT charge for software updates, we DO NOT charge an additional monthly fee or Direct Connect Fee, and finally, we DO NOT charge for use on extra devices. You can use our system for FREE on an unlimited number of devices.
Yes. The 3% registration fee is seamlessly added to the campsite price prior to reserving the campsite. Since Campground Commander has no hidden fees or costs, 3% is the only fee you will see once. (Ex: $43 campsite = a charge of $1.29 per night)
Campground Commander bills monthly offering several flexible options including credit card and direct payment from bank.
Image courtesy of Pomeroy Campground, Pomeroy, Ia.